Wedding Countdown Ticker

March 15, 2008

Buffalo Pizza


The amount of each ingredient is really up to you and your taste. I just made this up from something I saw on Food Network. I did not follow a recipe – but I’ll give you an estimate of how much of each item I used.




2 bags of Publix Pizza Dough (ours is in the bakery counter)
4 pre-cut celery sticks chopped into small pieces (reserve 1)
Texas Pete Buffalo Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese (I used two kinds pre-shredded and a block, Just so I could see if there was a taste difference – I did use the low fat of both)
Marie’s Blue Cheese Salad Dressing (the one in the produce section)
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast

Follow directions on pizza dough. I don’t think I need to tell you how to place the pizza dough in a pan – I did not have a pizza stone so I just used the cookie stone to make the 2 pizza’s I don’t know why the dough was so high but it was good - I don’t like thin crust. But again you can follow the directions on the pizza dough bag for how to make thin crust.

Boil chicken breast and one celery stick (broken into 3 pieces), salt and pepper to taste. After chicken is done slice or shred with 2 forks. In small bowl combine shredded chicken and buffalo sauce to taste (1/3 cup).

Spread chicken mixture over pizza dough, sprinkle with celery, cover with cheese (to your liking), and then drizzle with blue cheese dressing (1 ½ large tablespoons).

Bake according to pizza dough directions.

I served it with a side of blue cheese dressing for dipping.

Enjoy.

0 comments: